Students are required to enroll in at least one Wintersession course.
- Wintersession online Registration begins on Saturday, November 1 – November 6. Your assigned time was emailed to your risd.edu email.
- Course offerings are available on WebAdvisor through the ‘Search for Sections’ link.
- Wintersession information is available in the current Course Catalog – Pages 16 to 19 includes policy information; important dates. Course descriptions are available with each department section and also on WebAdvisor.
- Registration Screenshots to use as an example (reminder: use 2015WS when searching) – Step 1: Selecting ‘Preferred Section’s (can do ahead of time for 2015WS), Step 2: Registering for classes (when your 2015WS lottery time is available)
- Wintersession Travel Course Registration is available from October 15 – October 30. Click here for more information on how to register for a travel class.
- Registering for a second class. Web Advisor allows registration for only one class at the time of initial registration. After all students have had a chance to register for one class, the system will open up and allow selection of a second class depending on availability (spaces are limited). This happens on Friday, November 7 (for freshmen) and Saturday, November 8 for everyone else.
- See a standard Wintersession 2015 schedule in detail.
Midterm grading is available for fall 2014.
Midterm grading is primarily for warning students in danger of failing the course. All midterm warnings must be submitted on WebAdvisor by Friday, October 24th.
Faculty have the ability to enter mid-term grades and evaluations directly in WebAdvisor (replacing the use of the paper Mid-Term Reports). A corresponding warning comment must be completed for each student to whom a ‘U: unsatisfactory’ grade is assigned. Additionally, faculty may wish to enter comments for students in other circumstances, such as those doing exceptionally well (in this case no grade need be entered). Notification of the evaluation is emailed to the student and their advisors prompting them to view WebAdvisor.
Here are links to short instructional training videos:
-Faculty Entering Midterm Warnings/Evaluations
-Advisors Viewing Midterm Warnings/Evaluations and Final Evaluation Narratives
-Students Viewing Midterm Warnings/Evaluations and Final Evaluation Narratives
Registration for the Wintersession travel classes begins Tuesday, October 14 and ends Wednesday, October 29.
Travel classes offered are posted around campus and on the Office of Global Partners and Programs website. You can see additional information about each course by looking on WebAdvisor, using the “Search for Sections” feature.
Attend one or more of the Informational Meetings held by faculty who are offering a travel class.
Pick up an approved and signed Add Form from the instructor at one of the informational meetings or another time when they are available.
Register and pay at the Registrar’s Office/Student Financial Services suite on the first floor of ProvWash. Full-payment (credit card or cashier’s check) must be made at the time of registration and the student’s financial account must be up-to-date.
For more important details on Wintersession Travel Classes click here.