How to obtain an enrollment verification certificate: An enrollment verification certificate includes the student’s full time enrollment at RISD and can be used for sending to health insurance, housing providers, or other organizations requiring proof of your enrollment.
Students who need an enrollment certificate can print their own by logging in to their Web Advisor account https://wa.risd.edu This Student Self Service is free, secure, easy to use, and available 24/7!
In Web Advisor:
- Click “Order Transcript & Enrollment”
- Click “Order an Official Transcript, Verify Enrollment, and More”
- Select your Option! You can print as many copies as you need.
To get answers to common questions about other services offered or to find out more about National Student Clearinghouse, you may go to MyStudentCenter.org.
Certifications that require additional information not provided through the Web Advisor self service or for those who do not have access to Web Advisor, please contact the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com or call 401.454.6151 for assistance.
Some countries outside of the United States require an “Apostille” on certain documents, usually diplomas or transcripts. The Registrar’s Office will take care of that service for you upon request and upon payment of the nominal fee.
Submit the following to the Registrar’s Office to request an Apostille:
1. Letter or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) requesting the Apostille. It must include your name and contact information and include the country that the Apostille is being processed for.
2. Official documents (e.g. official transcript or diploma) that will be included with the Apostille. Transcript request information is available here.
3. The fee in the form of a check made payable to: Rhode Island Secretary of State for the amount of $5.00 per Apostille. The State of Rhode Island will only accept checks for this service.
Please be advised that we can only process the Apostille with the Secretary of State once all documents and payment is received.
Please allow 7 to 10 days for processing.
RISD has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to act as its agent for verifications of student enrollment. Third parties seeking verification of a student’s enrollment should visit www.studentclearinghouse.org