All internships for credit must be submitted by the appropriate deadlines posted on the Academic Calendar.
All internships (including summer) are now offered through ArtWorks.
If you have already read and understand the instructions below: Click Here
Please follow the directions below:
The RISD Career Center has worked with us to implement this new online form to make your internship application easier.
1. You’ll need the following information ready to complete the application:
- Your intern job title
- The company name, address, phone number and name of department where you’ll be interning
- The approximate start and end dates of the internship
- Your intern project description: this a proposal that states the nature and extent of what you’ll do as an intern and the educational merits of the experience
- Your intern supervisors name, job title and email address
- Your RISD student ID number
- The name of your RISD department Internship Advisor
* International Students: You will also need to fill out the Curricular Practical Training Request (CPT) form as well as the online form and submit it to the International Students Office (CPT form is available by clicking HERE)
2. Once you have these details ready, go to ArtWorks (by clicking HERE)
If you are not registered in ArtWorks you’ll need to do so, click on New users and follow the prompts
3. Next, Click on Apply for an Internship (the link is located in the left navigation bar)
4. Select the Internship Term from the drop down menu
5. Click on “Other” and and type in the Organization name (name of the place where you’ll be interning) and the Internship Title, click Save.
6. Complete the fields on the next page. When you’re done click Save and your application will be submitted to the Career Center.
7. Once you submit your application it will be automatically sent to those who have to approve the application: the internship sponsor supervisor, your academic internship advisor and your department head. They will add their e-signatures to your application to verify their approval.
8. We expect that the approval process will take 1-12 days. You may check on the status of your application by going to your ArtWorks home page and clicking on My Activity.
9. Once your application has gone through the approval process the Registrar’s Office will be notified and the credits for the internship will appear on your Webadvisor academic evaluation, they and are classified as “IP” (In-progress) until a grade is assigned.
If you have any questions about using the online application form or any of these steps please contact the RISD Career Center at: 401-454-6614 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org