Access to grading in WebAdvisor will be available before midterm and final grading deadlines.
Logging into WebAdvisor
Use your RISD active directory credentials to log in.
Know the grades you want to record BEFORE logging in. WebAdvisor has a built-in “time out” feature. You must hit “ENTER” or “SUBMIT” within 20 minutes or else the grades you entered will be lost.
- Log in to WebAdvisor.
- Choose a term. DO NOT ENTER starting or ending dates.
- Choose “Final” grading (or midterm grading if during midterm)
- Click the box for the course you wish to grade, then scroll below and click “SUBMIT.”
- Enter a grade for each student. DO NOT enter a ‘Last Date of Attendance’ unless the student stopped attending class.
- Grades of “I” (incomplete): You must enter an expiration date which can be no later than the deadline set by the faculty. On the day after the expiration date, the “I” becomes an “F” unless you have submitted a grade change.
DO NOT ENTER an “Expire Date” for any grade other than “I”. More details on the “I” grade, including deadlines, can be found here.
Spring term grades: Enter grades for graduating students first, then, if necessary, go back in a few days to enter grades for students who are not graduating. (HINT: Use the TAB key to move from one student to the next. DO NOT USE THE ENTER key because the ENTER key works just like the “SUBMIT” button.)
After You Enter Grades
Students will not be able to see the grades you submit until the Registrar’s Office updates them to the student transcripts. This verification is performed beginning on the grade deadline for the semester.
Once the update process takes place, students can view the grades you submitted and you can no longer modify them on WebAdvisor (you must submit a Change of Grade Form). However, you can submit grades late. WebAdvisor remains open for late grading after the deadline date, and the update process is performed daily thereafter, until grading for the term is shut down.