Registration at RISD
Registration is available for fall and spring semesters (not Wintersession or Summer)
- Fall registration for students in the MADE program begins when all incoming RISD graduate students register (typically in early-August).
- Spring registration for students in the MADE program begins when all RISD graduate students register (typically in mid-November).
- All RISD course schedules must be finalized by the last day of RISD’s Add/Drop period.
- See the Academic Calendar for specific dates.
Steps for selecting electives at RISD
- Review the RISD course catalog
- Filter by term and subject
- Click ‘View Available Sections’ to review schedules, available seats, and location. Click the section title to view details (including instructor contact info).
- Check to see if any courses have a fee. You will be required to pay the fee (via the electronic registration form) before you can be registered into the course.
- Discuss course selection with your MADE faculty advisor
- Reach out to the RISD instructor regarding your interest
- Fill out the ‘MA in Design Engineering (MADE) Course Add Request‘ form (NOTE: You must use your RISD email to log into Etrieve). This form is only available during RISD’s GR student registration period through the end of RISD’s add/drop for the semester.
- As students are registered, the RISD Registrar will inform the Brown Registrar.
- If a student intends to drop a RISD course they need to do so by RISD’s add/drop deadline (email email@example.com).
Step-by-step documentation for how to use the electronic form in Etrieve can be found here.
Step-by-step documentation for instructors can be found here.