**For the 2020-2021 Academic Year, cross-registration is permitted in the Fall semester only.**
Any Brown University student looking to take a RISD course should review Brown University’s instructions and information on cross-registration found here. For a list of available course offerings visit the RISD course catalog.
The cross-registration process will be completely online to accommodate both RISD and Brown University’s requirements for remote attendance during the first week of each school’s semesters.
More information on this process will be forthcoming.
Important information to note:
1) RISD’s Add/Drop period is from September 10-September 17. The electronic process will not be accessible after September 17.
2) RISD courses listed as hybrid or in-person have required in-person attendance.
3) Students should reach out to instructors first before filling out the cross-registration form (electronic form coming soon).
4) Brown University students will be required to complete the RISD Social Compact, attesting that you will follow the health and safety protocols in place at RISD. Additional information on these policies/protocols will be forthcoming.
5) Some RISD courses require course fees that Brown students must pay upfront before registering for the course.
*2020FA List of RISD courses with fees (coming soon)
Fees must be paid to RISD Student Financial Services prior to being registered for the course. Student Financial Services only accepts debit and credit cards for this payment (payments are made online; additional information will be provided at the time of registration).
INDEPENDENT STUDY PROJECTS:
In rare exceptions, Brown students are able to cross-register for an Independent Study Project (ISP) with full-time RISD faculty only. Any Brown student planning an ISP should follow standard cross-registration practices using the cross-registration form. Students must include in the course title “ISP with RISD (faculty name)” on any paperwork they submit.