To assist students in planning their semester expenses, federal regulations require that RISD inform students of textbook costs prior to class registration.
Instructors should enter their class textbook and cost of materials in Workday to assist students in planning expenses. The additional cost of materials represents the student’s expected out-of-pocket expenses for items other than textbooks. If the expected costs may vary by student, enter a good faith estimate for the minimum expense required. Through Workday, instructors may also request the Brown Bookstore order textbooks. To place books on reserve at the Fleet Library, visit the Library website.
Click here to watch a video tutorial on entering textbook and cost information.
- Log in to Workday
- In the upper left, click Menu.
- Click Teaching.
- Click Enter or Change Course Section Materials.
- The next screen may take a few seconds to load. Once loaded, use the drop down to choose a semester then specific class.
- Click OK.
- Use the + button to add a textbook and enter its information. Fields with a * are required.
- In Estimated Additional Material Cost enter the expected cost of additional supplies the student will need to procure. If none, leave zero. If the costs vary by student, enter a good-faith average estimate.
- Click OK; you are not done!
- Click OK again if prompted to confirm the Estimated Additional Material Cost. The information as been saved when the Done button appears at the bottom.