Reminder, add, drop, and cross-registration forms are all available electronically (no longer a paper process). Please access the forms (beginning September 8th on the first day of the semester) online.
Access Add/Drop forms and instructions here
Access Brown cross-registration information and instructions here
The Registrar’s office will be available in-person for assistance beginning 9/7/21.
Additionally, the office is available by:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone (401) 454-6151
- Beginning the week of September 20th: Zoom drop-in hours: Access with @risd.edu or an @brown.edu email address, meetings longer than 15 minutes will need an appointment. Note: there are no Zoom office hours during add/drop.
Please visit RISD’s covid.risd.edu site for details regarding RISD’s health and safety protocols.
The Fall 2021 semester begins on 9/8/21 and ends on 12/14/21.
Wednesday, Sept. 8:
- RISD courses begin – Add/Drop period (through 9/15/21) – review the process for Add/Drop here
- Brown courses begin – RISD students may register for Brown classes (review the process here)
Wednesday, Sept 15:
- Last day to add or drop a course
- Internship application deadline through RISD Careers
Thursday, Sept. 16 : Course Withdrawal “W” grade period begins
Tuesday, November 2: Final date to withdraw from a course, “W” Grade
Friday, December 3: Last day degree program classes
Tuesday, December 7: Liberal Arts and Graduate Commons Exam Day
Wednesday, December 8 – Tuesday, December 14: Crit Week
Tuesday, December 14: Final Day of Fall Semester
Friday, December 17: Final Grades due for Fall Semester
See all important academic calendar dates in the full academic calendar published here
Log in to Self Service at ss.risd.edu/student.
From left-hand side menu, select ‘User Options’
Then select ‘User Profile’
All current addresses are shown. Your preferred mailing address is indicated with a green checkmark:
To change your address, use the Address Change form in etrieve.
Follow these simple steps to find out who your advisor is.
Note: All students have a major advisor. Sophomores will also have a Liberal Arts advisor, and any students participating in a Concentration will have a Concentration Advisor.
1. Log into Colleague Self Service with your RISD username (your username is your email address without the ‘@risd.edu’) and password.
2. Click on ‘Student Planning’ once you’ve logged in.
3. Select ‘Go to Plan & Schedule’ by clicking on the tile or by accessing it from the Student Planning dropdown menu.
4. Select the ‘Advising’ tab.
5. Your advisor(s) is/are listed under the ‘My Advisors’ heading.
Student Planning is available for students and advisors! The web-based tool integrates degree planning, registration, scheduling and advising.
All students are encouraged to access Student Planning prior to registration. Login to Student Planning directly at this link: https://ss.risd.edu/student.
Watch the following short video tutorial series to familiarize yourself with the many features and benefits.
Tutorial 1: Introduction to Student Planning & Registration
Tutorial 2 Student Planning: Preparing for Registration
Tutorial 3: Student Planning: Registering for Classes
Tutorial 4: Student Planning for Advisors
FAQs are available on this site at Student Planning.
Questions about navigating Student Planning:
Contact the Office of the Registrar (401) 454-6151 or email email@example.com
Questions about access:
Contact the Service Desk of Information Technology Services at (401) 454-6106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about specific degree requirements:
Contact your Academic Advisor.