Address Changes

How do I change my address?

Students must promptly notify the Registrar’s Office and their major department of changes in local address and telephone as well as permanent (home) address and telephone.  Changes should be reported by using the ‘Address Change‘ form.

Most paper correspondences and notifications are sent to the RISD mailbox, with the important exception of billing information which is mailed to the billing address on file with the Student Accounts Office.  A RISD box number is not sufficient for a local address, and all students who are not living in RISD residence facilities should have their local address on file at all times.

International students may not use a permanent home address in the United States. A home address in the native country must be on file at all times.

On student planning (, there is a link for “Emergency Notification”.  As part of a continuing effort to enhance College safety, RISD has established RISDAlert!, an emergency notification system. This system will allow RISD to distribute time-sensitive information quickly to faculty, staff, and students by means of broadcast telephone, e-mail, and text messaging. Please keep your emergency contact information up to date by periodically checking this link and confirming your contact info.