The Independent Study Project (ISP) allows students to supplement the established curriculum by completing a faculty supervised project for credit in a specific area of interest. Its purpose is to meet individual student needs by providing an alternative to regularly-offered courses.
- See the Independent Study Application and Instruction form for steps to completing the application and guidelines for the approval process.
- Review the criteria for Liberal Arts Independent Study Project: Checklist and Samples
- Also reference the current Academic Calendar for deadlines.
Sophomore or higher
Cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or greater
- Limits: 3 credits per course/9 credits of Independent Study (ISP) and/or Collaborative Study (CSP) maximum toward undergraduate degree
- Deadlines: Refer to the Academic Calendar for specific deadline dates.
Exceptions: Student must file an Exception to Academic Policy for an exception to the limits or deadline.